||Position Mission: Create outstanding store designs within the new and remodeled store process for company operated stores. Provide design oversight for licensee kiosk, and international franchise store designs. Provide leadership for creative design evolution, preliminary space planning, regional design strategies and local store designs, construction document production, architect and engineer coordination, and maintaining prototype conformity. This position works closely with the construction and real estate team members and acts as an internal consultant to the facilities management team.
• Participate in cross-functional and departmental meetings to verify business and functional needs are achieved with store design.
• Assist design manager and store remodel manager in store design process working with real estate staff, legal staff, operations directors, landlords, and design consultants to establish design intent, and to obtain internal Real Estate committee approvals as well as required landlord approvals.
• Ensure overall coordination of the research, design, planning and production phases of new store projects.
• Assist with the supervision of architectural/engineering consultants to ensure brand design accuracy, functionality, operational acceptability, and consistency of documents within designated time frames.
• Work on concurrent projects beginning with a defined shell space through store space planning, construction document production and final construction.
• Accurately document, track and archive project documents and files.
• Lead a timely decision-making process to ensure all outstanding design issues are resolved act as a solution consultant to architects and other outside consultants.
• Seek methods to improve cost effectiveness related to store design process and space build-out costs.
• Assist with design decisions related to maintaining the existing store base.
• Facilitate the process for design reviews for licensee locations and international franchise store expansion.
• Provide design leadership and expertise to domestic license/franchise team and international franchise team.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Clear written and verbal communications.
• Comfortable making presentations to management.
• Strong time management skills.
• Current knowledge of industry trends in restaurant design and retail stores.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
• Perform work in a timely and professional manner.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
• Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Interior Design required.
• At least 4 years of experience in architecture and/or interior design with an emphasis in restaurant or retail projects required.
• AutoCAD experience required.
• Demonstrated experience leading and directing design teams and managing outside consultants.
• Strong background in project management including internal cross-functional partnership grounded in design.
• Experience in coordination of architectural, Mechanical Electric and Plumbing (MEP) and interior design consultants to facilitate Construction Drawing (CD) production.
• Knowledge of current Leadership Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards including sustainability trends and practices or LEED AP accreditation preferred.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.