Who Our Members Are
The American Institute of Architects Minnesota, founded in 1892, is dedicated to strengthening our communities, improving our built environment, and providing exceptional design.
Our 2,200 members at the state level are also members at one of three chapter levels including:
- AIA Minneapolis (1600 members);
- AIA Northern Minnesota (200 members); or
- AIA Saint Paul (400 members).
AIA Minnesota has more than 20 member committees and each of our three state chapters have their own committees and activities as well. To read more about committee opportunities, click here.
The majority of our members are registered architects living in the state of Minnesota. We also support Associate members with bachelor of architecture degrees whom are either working on their internship and exam requirements to be come licensed architects or choosing alternate career paths that is related to architecture.
Aliied members, whom are professionals in related fields such as engineering, construction or design, round out our membership.
As a guide to understanding how to tap into important AIA Minnesota connections, initiatives, and events:
- Review our Firm Directory to search for firms and architects.
- Read our educational publications on Working with an Architect.
- Read Architecture Minnesota, AIA Minnesota's award-winning publication, published bimonthly.
For specific inquiries, please contact Mary Larkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 338-6763.