||Position Description: Minneapolis Glass Company is looking for a self motivated individual to continue driving growth within the Commercial market segment through fulfilling a multitude of drafting and process related activates within the commercial department.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment to produce drawings and submittals, designs, and shop revisions
• Manage internal communications, process flow, and documentation organization in order to ensure effective and efficient job completion
• Assist project managers with glass, hardware and aluminum estimating, material requisition and communication with installers on specifications and logistics
• Respond to and solve customer generated questions & concerns
• Assist in building and managing relationships with contractors and vendor purchasing agents
• Participate in Job-site meetings and resolving any corresponding job-site issues
• Proven track record with minimum of 2 years combined work experience and education in CAD.
• Must excel at relationship-building and communication with internal staff and external customer/vendor constituents
• Background in drafting and/or construction related industry
• Strong computer skills including use of the Microsoft suite in addition to background in data processing software systems
• Works effectively with all levels of the company
• Uses business processes to achieve desired results
• Must react to changing business needs and work autonomously in a fast paced environment
• Utilization of project management skills to accomplish goals