Position Mission: To manage and coordinate the planning, design, budgeting, construction, remodeling and delivery of new & existing Caribou stores within assigned markets or region.
• Assist with managing remodeling projects and other initiatives.
• Assist with development and execution of store remodeling program.
• General Contract bidding, negotiation and execution.
• Contract management and administration.
• Control and management of project scheduling.
• Effective schedule communication to internal and external sources.
• Manage Landlord relationship prior to and for the duration of the construction process.
• Assist with producing preliminary budgets upon request from Store Remodel and Real Estate Managers.
• Assist with producing and obtaining signoff on store investment budget prior to senior management submittal.
• Assist with managing budget to assure project costs are below approved project budgets.
Due Diligence, Feasibility, Real Estate
• Point of responsibility for all permits: signage, municipal, building and health, etc.
• Assist with providing site review and physical feasibility support to Real Estate Managers.
• Review and collaborate on all landlord/tenant work letters prior to execution.
Maintenance and Operations Support
• Act as a resource to store operations and facilities management to assist store repair and maintenance needs.
New Store and Concept Design Management
• Be a catalyst to the further development and execution of the store concept.
• Identify/test new materials and designs in an effort to decrease store development costs.
• Participate in cost engineering studies to reduce the cost of store build-outs.
Management and Administrative
• Assist in recruiting and training new staff into the department.
• Assist in developing and implementing store development programs and procedures.
• Assist in educating new Real Estate Managers for landlord/tenant work letter requirements.
• Associates degree in Business, Architecture, or Engineering preferred.
• 3+ years of related experience in the design or construction industry required.
• Retail interior design and/or architectural design experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess clear written and verbal communications.
• Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
• Good time management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Maintain satisfactory attendance.
• Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
• Perform work in a timely and workmanship like manner.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures.
• Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.