|Controls Engineer- Electrical SCADA
|Post Date:||Saturday, June 1|
|Job Title:||Controls Engineer- Electrical SCADA|
|Description:||Controls Engineer- Electrical
Controls Engineer needed with either Facility, Commercial or Construction industry experience for ongoing needs. This is an initial contract position with the intent to convert the candidate to permanent once they become familiar with the work environment.
Ideal candidates have experience with BMS or BAS Systems (Building Management Systems or Building Automation Systems) in the commercial sector. The client needs an Electrical Controls Engineer to manage HVAC and electrical systems. Candidates that have a strong SCADA background may also be considered as well. The client will consider candidates willing to relocate to the area.
The Controls Products that are currently running in the client's environment are (experience working on similar products will be considered):
- Reliable Controls
Role Responsibilities and Requirements for the Controls Engineer. (Candidates don't have to have everything in the job description. There are other team members within the organization. However, the ability to edit, and program the controls is essential).
- Understanding of: electrical diagrams, control diagrams, building operations, control circuits, industrial HVAC.
- Ability to manage project engineering to determine the scope of work relative to the design intent of the customer needs.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and implementing those specifications as they apply the work environment.
- Understanding of control panel BOM's
- Understanding of ISA data sheets for temperature, level, flow, and pressure transmitters along with ISA data sheets for control valves, positioners, analytical, and various other types of instrumentation.
- Understanding of drawings for control panels, power distribution, junction boxes. Included in the drawings are the general arrangement, internal layout, schematics and interconnection and wire diagrams.
- Understanding of logic diagrams in the International Automation format for complex logic devices such as Programmable Logical Controller (PLC) or Distributed Control System (DCS), or SCADA.
- Preparation of cable, routing plans and schedules.
- Performing inspections, testing, and commissioning of facility systems.
- Work individually and as part of a team to develop new products, support existing products, test and evaluate equipment.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to internal customers.
- Coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments to ensure on-time completion of projects within budget.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, HVAC, or other related engineering degrees as well as five (5) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have advanced technical skills and a solid working knowledge of Controls Systems (Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Siemens, TRANE, Reliable Controls,) or SCADA systems
- Strong theoretical background in Control Theory and the designing of controls systems
- Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results and the ability to handle multiple task.
- Building Automation management/facility systems experience (BMS) (BAS)
- Ability to edit them, configure them, program Controls
- Must be able to operate with minimal supervision
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (about 1 week out of 6-8 weeks)
Please apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't meet these requirements, but are interested in other CORESTAFF Services opportunities, please register with us online at www.corestaff.com.
CORESTAFF Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. People from racial minority groups, veterans, and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply. CORESTAFF Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc, which operates in the New York metro area.
|Contact Information:||Human Resource|