||Are you interested in joining a multi-studio, award winning practice with many long-term client relationships and projects nationwide? Our firm has a track record and reputation for delivering creative, innovative, and effective solutions on time and on budget. We are seeking a Business Analyst/Business Developer with geospatial experience to join our team.
Qualified candidates will develop, customize and implement geospatial solutions for external clients. They will be abreast of current trends in geospatial and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) needs and technology, as it relates to the integration of the built environment.
• Seek new business opportunities and expansion of existing client services.
• Research and identify business opportunities and align them with team capabilities.
• Collaborate with the geospatial team and internal/external clients to create new relational database applications and support existing applications.
• Promote team’s services by providing the resources needed and assist with overall business development, public relations, and marketing strategy for the team.
• Assist with developing overall project strategy to maximize effectiveness of services and delivery when opportunities are identified.
• Manage budget and schedule for a variety of geospatial related projects.
• Serve as point of contact for client support respond to and/or assist in preparation and delivery of response to client information requests related to area of responsibility.
• Develop training material and conduct internal/external client training.
What we're looking for:
• An outgoing, tenacious individual who is team oriented.
• Effective organizational, documentation, and time-management abilities.
• Effective technical and problem solving skills.
• Capable of coordinating workload and staff of multiple projects simultaneously.
• A practiced communicator and presenter, able to articulate ideas; advanced written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills.
• Active participant in professional association events and committees; actively engaged as a speaker in GIS events.
• Knowledge of project scheduling and budgeting.
• Demonstrates interest in professional development.
• 4-year degree in marketing and/or business development – or – a combination of 2 years of education and 4 years of experience in planning, geo-design, geography, and/or computer science.
• 8 years – full-time experience in a planning office; knowledge of planning concepts.
• Advanced understanding of data relevancy and workflow processes for the built environment in a geospatial context.
• Advanced proficiency with GIS drawing and database manipulation in geospatial software.
• Basic proficiency in CAD/BIM (AutoCAD/Revit).
• Intermediate knowledge of HTML and database design: Access, SQL Server, Reporting Services.
• Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio) and Adobe InDesign.
||Our employees make our firm a great place to work. We provide competitive benefits and contribute to health, dental, and life insurance, offer 401K, employee stock ownership plan and more.
Please apply via our careers page www.rsparch.com/careers.html by clicking on the position.
Individuals selected for interviews will be asked to provide samples of their work. No phone calls, please. EEO/AA.
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, or applicable state law, who are unable to comply with RSP’s application process due to their disability, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunities for employment.
If you require an accommodation in making an application through our online system, please either call (612) 677-7100 or send an email to email@example.com. You will need to provide your name, a phone number, email address or other means of contacting you, and a brief description of the nature of the requested accommodation. RSP will then contact you to discuss your request.
Please note that the phone line and email address are to be used solely to request an accommodation during the application process. These are not to be used for checking on the status of an application already submitted.