||AKF is an award-winning full service engineering firm, specializing in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, controls, central utilities, energy management, technology, critical systems, commissioning, testing, lighting design and sustainable design services. With offices in Arlington, VA Boston, MA; Columbus, OH; Minneapolis, MN; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Princeton, NJ; Rochester, MN; Stamford, CT; and Mexico City, Mexico, AKF provides engineering services for a wide range of facility types including corporate, education, healthcare, critical systems, central utilities, science and technology, residential, retail, cultural and hospitality.
Position Title: Administrative Support Specialist
Location(s): Minneapolis, MN
Responsibilities: Responsible for processing all incoming telephone calls, greeting customers and visitors who enter the lobby for business. Provides support to the technical and engineering staff, and AKF Midwest region marketing efforts.
Activities and duties:
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Must have ability to:
• Answer telephone, take messages and distribute them in a timely manner.
• Greet customers and visitors in a professional and friendly manner
• Prepare packages and letters for Federal Express and regular mail
• Use computer to generate various spreadsheet reports, weekly and monthly
• Receive incoming mail and distribute accordingly
• Use computer to purchase office supplies, (may also involve traveling to stores)
• Support employees with typing, copying, or other clerical duties as needed
• Provide local support to the Human Resources, Accounting, and Marketing Departments as needed
• Run errands in own vehicle as needed (must have valid Driver’s License)
• Support AKF Midwest Leadership in organizing internal and external logistics, scheduling appointments, and addressing inquiries or general administrative issues that arise.
• Take initiative and function independently.
• Proactively monitor and maintain timely flow of information into and out of the office, including mail and correspondence, in an efficient and orderly manner.
• Collaborate with Marketing Department to develop content for brochures, give-away items and other advertising materials.
• Manage and keep resume database up-to-date.
• Coordinate all Midwest trade show events including logistics from initial contract to show completion. This will include but is not limited to securing booth space, set-up of booth and all materials and collateral and travel accommodations for staff as needed.
• Create and maintain files of correspondence, project records and other plans for rapid retrieval in response to routine inquiries from daily business interactions.
• Prepare agendas for meetings and attend meetings to take necessary minutes and notes as needed.
• Maintain files in several media and devise systems making information easy to access.
• Serve as first point of contact for both walk-in visitors and telephone callers to the office. Ensure that all inquiries are screened, directed or passed on in a timely and effective manner.
• Handle a variety of travel, conference and trade show arrangements.
• Prepare Midwest email correspondence with existing and potential clients in support of AKF’s Marketing Department
• Some formal education a plus.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Receptionist and/or Administrative Assistant in an Engineering or Architectural/Engineering firm
Skills and qualifications:
• Must demonstrate a friendly and pleasant voice and manner to all who call in or enter the lobby.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet, Email)
• Experience with Deltek Vision or Project / Resource Management software desired
• Experience with InDesign and other Adobe Creative Suite Applications
• Good communications skills – oral and written
• Must be personable to work with all levels of staff and Leadership
• Must be flexible to perform various tasks as needed
• Must be self-directed to pace own work to meet necessary deadlines
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to learn Deltek Vision
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment and involves the ability to sit for extended periods of time, with occasional walking.
• Ability to communicate on telephone and handle all calls in a professional and personable manner.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, to work on desktop computer, keyboard and mouse. Repetitive keyboard and mouse motion is necessary.
• Vision must be good enough to read keyboards, computer screen, reference books, reports and other written documents
• Non-smoking environment