||Job Number: MSP130129
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing all activities and personnel of assigned projects from project initiation through completion. Deliverables may include planning studies, reports, or complete construction documents. The project types may vary and include Governmental buildings (both Local and Federal), Corporate Office, and Manufacturing facilities. This position will often require managing multiple concurrent assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in project pursuits including fee derivation, qualification statements, and interviewing.
• Establish and discuss project goals, objectives, design standards and unique or specific procedures with project team and Market Sector Leader.
• Assess personnel needs for assigned projects and coordinate needs with Director of Operations.
• Supervise and direct a multi-disciplined team of professionals, pre-professionals, technicians, and support staff throughout the multiple phases of a project
• Provide continual leadership throughout project duration to ensure client satisfaction for document quality, schedule adherence, and financial success of project.
• Serve as a mentor for project teams provide internal project leadership to achieve individual personnel goals, as well as office and company objectives.
• Coordinate scope and fee for various sub-consultant team members as may be required for each unique project. Manage sub-consultants to ensure client satisfaction for document quality, budget and schedule adherence.
• Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance in relation to zoning laws, fire regulations, building codes and other ordinances; communicate applicable changes of local, state, and federal regulations and ordinances to team.
• Facilitate regular team meetings where participants may include internal staff, consultants, and/or owner. Provide leadership in the resolution of technical and non-technical issues that may affect the success of the project including technical project quality, document quality, delivery schedule, construction budget, and the like.
• Provide oral and/or written presentations of projects; present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clientele.
• Maintain frequent contact with clientele to ensure any questions, concerns, or comments regarding the project are addressed in a prompt and professional manner.
• When required, conduct job-site observations and/or coordinate observations of other team members to monitor conformance with Contract Documents
• Review the performance and work quality of project personnel and provide feedback to appropriate personnel; recognize outstanding contributions and provide constructive criticism for areas of improvement
• In addition to the Project Management responsibility, you may also be assigned as a Senior Project Architect on selected projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned or instructed
• Effective leadership skills to achieve client and company goals
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project personnel, internal office staff, and clientele
• Ability to lead others and bring about solidarity within a diverse group to achieve determined goals
• Ability to bring energy to a task and inspire others to reach a common goal while performing to the best of their ability
• Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft Office applications and Revit software
• Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects and remain up-to-date on the various development stages
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues
• Strong financial management skills
Education and License Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in Architecture; Master’s Degree or other advanced educations is beneficial
• Professional expertise demonstrated through 10-20 years of experience in similar project types with a high degree of technical complexity
• Architectural license required (Minnesota preferred)
• 5+ years of progressive Project Management experience
• Current affiliation and/or membership with local, state, or national industry organization(s) is a plus
• LEED® Accreditation Preferred
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive Benefit package.
Apply online at www.leoadaly.com
Leo A Daly is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.