||As a Registered Architect, your leadership and communications skills will be supported by
architectural experience in building projects such as commercial, multi-family, educational and institutional. Consideration will also be given to Architects who are in the process of, or are newly Registered.
Your responsibilities will include developing strong client relationships and meeting their building needs from conceptual design to project completion.
You will work with a skilled team of technical and support staff,
and receive mentoring/career development from the Senior Architect/President.
The purpose of this hire is succession planning, for you to
grow to Senior Management and eventually lead the organization
upon retirement of the Senior Architect/President.
Explore this unique opportunity for growth in Regina, Saskatchewan – a province with a strong, vibrant economy and one of the busiest construction industries in Canada.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Consult with clients to determine their unique building renovation of new construction needs. Make presentations to clients, outline concepts, estimate costs, prepare contracts and specifications, discuss options and offer creative solutions.
• Represent the client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
• Conduct feasibility studies and financial analysis of building projects. Plan and develop designs for the construction and renovation of commercial, educational, institutional, multi-family and light industrial buildings.
• Prepare or supervise the preparation of drawings, specifications and other construction documents. Prepare sketches, scale models or videos for presentation to the public or clients.
• Monitor activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications, budget and project schedule. Manage contract administration, oversee drawings and specifications and resolve problems that may arise on the job site.
• Promote strong working relationships with clients, building owners, engineers, sub-trades and representatives of the business and construction community.
Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Architecture from an accredited school of architecture, recognized by the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) and Saskatchewan Association of Architects (www.saskarchitects.com).
• Relevant architectural experience (approx. 5 years), with eligibility to be licensed in Saskatchewan. Experience and knowledge of building technology, applicable codes, construction detailing and working drawing production.
• Knowledge/experience in cold weather construction familiar with prairie climatic design and culture.
• A solid understanding and knowledge of contract administration through all project phases.
• Demonstrated proficiency of AutoCAD/Revit, Word, Excel and computer graphic/ modeling skills.
Personality/ Desired attributes:
• Motivated professional with demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Creative, organized and thrives in a dynamic open-office environment with a team-based approach.
• Willingness to mature into management of the firm…the purpose of this hire is succession planning.
• Self-starter; able to take a project from start to finish.