||Reports to: Managing Principal
Positions Reporting to Director of Operations: Discipline Directors (Architecture, Interior Design, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering), Manager(s) of Finance/Human Resources/Office Services
The Director of Operations will have overview responsibility for professional services for project delivery, risk management, quality of design and technical processes, financial management meeting office budgeted outcomes, and quality of interdisciplinary professional service , communication, and coordination. The Director of Operations shall be responsible for management and follow-through of continual improvement dialogue and initiatives related to each of this position’s overview responsibilities.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for day-to-day operational management, fulfilling a pivotal role in keeping all aspects of the practice connected including interdisciplinary coordination, IT, Human Resources, and facility management. In addition, the Director of Operations will participate in a variety of general management activities, such as business planning, budgeting, and project delivery innovation initiatives to assure that the project delivery process is in alignment with the firm's professional goals and commitments.
• Lead and manage overall internal operations and profitability of the Minneapolis office, in accordance with the business goals of the firm and profit center
• Lead monthly project reviews with Project Managers to define critical success factors for specific clients and projects, and develop strategies and tactics to achieve them while mitigating business risks, and on-going project performance review.
• Lead monthly discipline reviews with Discipline Directors to define critical success factors for each discipline, develop strategies and tactics to achieve them while mitigating business risks, and on-going discipline performance review.
• Lead regular coordinative meetings with Discipline Directors and Project Managers (jointly or as separate groups as appropriate) to assure on-going coordination of staffing requirements, successful project delivery, quality of interdisciplinary team performance, and identification and implementation of continual improvement initiatives.
• Advocate and administer multi-office Forum involvement. Forums include: Revit, BIM, Design, QAQC, Sustainability, Construction Administration and The Futures Council.
• Attend and participate in regular office leadership meetings with Managing Principal, Business Team Leads, Design Director, and Finance Director for development and maintenance of office vision/goals, review and management of office performance, and identification of continual improvement initiative requirements.
• Attend and participate in regular meetings with Managing Principal for review of office performance, progress updating, and identification of continual improvement initiatives or improvement goals.
• Manage follow-through of initiatives or efforts identified in regular office leadership and Managing Principal, including continual improvement initiatives.
• Ensure the quality of the project deliverables through strong hiring, training, and utilization of staff, leveraging efforts to maximize value for the firm
• Evaluate and mentor staff in conjunction with Discipline Directors to encourage professional growth and leadership development
• Participate in marketing activities to help develop project scopes and fees.
• Assist in assuring repeat business through maintaining a high performance, well-coordinated, effective and innovative interdisciplinary project delivery.
• Use and promote collaborative behavior particularly with other senior leaders including the Managing Principal, Design Director, Discipline Directors, Finance Manager, and project managers
• Work with corporate leadership to communicate and achieve overall business goals and aspi
• Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field, preferably Masters or second degree
• Individual with professional practice managing significant multi-disciplinary architectural project efforts, preferably one who has successfully started and/or managed a multi-disciplinary firm.
• Min 20 years practice experience, with a minimum of 10 years of significant inter-disciplinary project management.
• Recent experience with operational management of an architectural, engineering, or multi-disciplinary practice.
• Demonstrable leadership skills
• Thorough understanding of the legal and economic aspects of professional practice, particularly as they relate to fee, contract negotiation, and project deliverables.
• Energetic professional with demonstrated capabilities to manage and execute continual improvement and innovation initiatives related to project design, cost effective project documentation, or inter-disciplinary delivery.
• Ability to analyze problems, synthesize ideas and contributions, present solutions for discussion, action and negotiate successful resolution
• Ability to interact successfully with clients, other professional disciplines, and staff at a variety of levels
• Ability to set appropriate standards for professional performance and implement methods and techniques to increase effectiveness
• Intelligent, talented, and collaborative professional, with mature judgment about people and projects
• Computer literate (Deltek Vision, Excel, Word, Outlook)
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive Benefit package.
Apply online at www.leoadaly.com
Leo A Daly is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer - M/F/D/H/V