The Senior Facilities Planner responsibilities include budgeting, preliminary planning, and design, for the proposed construction and commissioning of new facilities, the renovation of existing facilities and the improvements to interior spaces, furniture, and equipment. This position will partner with the Senior Facilities Manager who will be responsible for capital maintenance and oversee construction and commissioning activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development and regular updating of the Strategic Facilities Space Plan
• Manage all aspects Planning and Project Development for Capital Improvements for the department and its customers.
• Directly manage an internal staff responsible for interior projects, Furniture/Fixtures and Equipment as well as move/churn management.
• Develop yearly rate models for cost allocation and budgeting for Space Utilization.
• Develop and administer a 5-year Furniture and Equipment Replacement plan and report annual for budgeting purposes.
• Responsible as primary staff assigned to Facilities, Space and Asset Management Committee (FSAM), managing staff assignments and ensuring required activities to support strategic space management for Charter Departments
• Participate in meetings, receive and review documentation and reports, schedules, specifications, drawings, and cost estimates on a regular basis to assist and provide direction to assigned staff.
• Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Facilities or Construction Management or equivalent.
• Five years of experience performing duties closely related to those of the position.
• Licenses or Professional Certifications preferred, but not required. Preferred licensures include IFMA, BOMI and USGBC.
• Experience with AutoCAD and CAFM
• Considerable knowledge of real estate development, cost and site analysis and large scale consolidations.
• Considerable knowledge of the design and construction industries
• Experience in design and construction management including consultant, vendor and contractor selection
• Considerable knowledge of project and space management for facilities.
• Knowledge of interior finishes, furniture, space standards and selections.
• Considerable knowledge of the planning and budgeting processes for major construction initiatives.
• Ability to negotiate leases which includes tenant improvements and relocations.
• Ability to supervise interiors and move management teams.
• Ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
• Working knowledge of budgets cost control, and budget preparation.
• Demonstrated ability to lead large scale facilities projects from start to finish.
• Demonstrated ability to manage large scale relocation projects.