Orion Search Group is representing an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Commissioning Manager. Based out of Minneapolis, the Commissioning Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the commissioning process during implementation, as well as schedule and budget within Client/O&M procedural boundaries.
Responsibilities for the Commissioning Manager include:
- Prepare commissioning budgets for project work. Work in conjunction with leadership, Project Managers and engineering staff.
- Define Commissioning requirements for projects and monitor contracted consultants to ensure compliance.
- Review of specification documents and drawings including development of commissioning specifications and testing requirements.
- Verify site installations are in conformance with specifications and drawings. Coordinate start-up of equipment/systems.
- Coordination of training of operational staff.
- Ensure regulatory and environmental compliance.
- Maintain lessons learned log to ensure continuous improvement of the commissioning delivery.
- Provide on-going technical operations support, building assessment and capital planning to Leadership.
- Provide re-commissioning and/or retro-commissioning projects to client.
- Ensure full documentation records are maintained for all commissioning deliverables for each project and key to success of the process.
- Provide technical support to Project Managers as part of the delivery of a project.
- Report labor submission monthly to Leadership.
Qualifications for the positions include:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Commissioning Manager position in the build environment.
- ACG, NEBB, or equivalent commissioning certification
- A bachelor of science degree in engineering or other related field is desired
- University graduation or professional certification (e.g. CET, P.E. or equivalent of technical years of experience is desired)
- LEED accreditation or the ability to obtain accreditation within 6 months of employment
- Strong knowledge of HVAC, Control System Design, Mechanical & Electrical systems, electrical apparatus, electrical equipment and substation voltage levels up to 345kv.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Proven decision making and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to adapt to multiple and varied responsibilities
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to consistently set goals and meet deadlines and adapt to flexible responsibilities
- Proficient in MS Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, technicians, sales, office and field personnel
- Possess strong verbal, written, persuasive and interpersonal skills
- Technical writing, risk management and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet and exceed client expectations
- Project a positive image of the company and herself/himself to customers